Monday 29 June 2015

Weekly Reading June 29-July 5, 2015 & Paying Homage to One of My Heroes

Yesterday on Facebook I saw a post that greatly saddened me. Chris Squire, bass player for the classic rock band Yes, passed yesterday from complications due to leukemia. He was 67 years old.

I decided to pay homage to him before I started our weekly reading because he was very special to me. I am a music fan ... an ardent music fan. :) I was lucky enough to grow up in a household with two older brothers who had great musical taste and as fortune would have it, Yes records were a prevalent part of my household. I grew up listening to the amazing progressive rock albums of bands like Yes, Pink Floyd, ELP and many more.

Yes was a band that resonated with me INSTANTLY. Not only were they amazing musicians but their songs were epics that tended to last twenty minutes or more with complex arrangements that only virtuoso musicians could handle. Their music gave me countless hours of pleasure and tweaked my imagination. It sparked my belief in the power of the divine because only could the divine make such divine music. :)

So thank you, Chris Squire, for giving me that. The perfection of your bass will forever reverberate through my heart and soul. You are now a Starship Trooper playing your bass in the cosmos. As it should be. :)

As for our reading .... strap yourselves in! :) This week could see some of us dealing with sudden negative events that really strike us at our core. However this is happening for the greater good and once we get through the initial shock and allow ourselves to heal we will realize that in the long run we are much better off than before. This needs to happen so that we can get to what is really waiting for us.

Be gentle with yourself. Breathe. Meditate. Listen to some great Yes music. :)

See you next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment